Here are some of the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) answered:
- What is the default information for my Netgear router?
The default username is “admin” and the default password is “password” for most of the Netgear routers.
- How do I login to my Netgear router?
You can login to your Netgear router using www.routerlogin.net.
- What is www.routerlogin.net?
The web domain www.routerlogin.net is used to login to the Netgear routers. The router automatically translates the name and reroutes the user to the login page.
- What will happen if I reset my Netgear router?
The personalized settings on the router will get reset too.
- What is the default IP address for my Netgear router?
The default IP address for most of the Netgear routers is 192.168.1.1.
- How can I block inappropriate content on my network?
You can block any inappropriate content on your network using the advanced Parental Control feature.
- What should I do if I forgot my router’s password?
You can opt to reset your router to restore it back to its default factory settings. After that, using www.routerlogin.net you can login again to the Netgear router.
- Is it safe to download the Netgear firmware updates from any third party websites?
No, it is not safe to download the Netgear firmware form any third party websites.
- What should be the color of the power light on my router?
The color of the power light on your router should be either green or white for the newer models.
- Can I leave my router on all the time?
Yes, you can choose to leave your router on for as long as you like.